Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mail routes to the Indies - Bicentenary

Date of  Issue: October 07, 1977
Scott #: 2065

This stamp was issued to commemorate ESPAMER '77, philatelic exhibition held at Barcelona, Spain on October 07 to 13; and also for the Bicentenary for regular mail routes to the Indies (Central and South America).

The stamp is issued in sheets of 8 stamps and 8 labels showing the exhibition emblem - The Lady of Umbrellas, the Parque de la Ciudadela, Barcelona.

The stamp also shows a brig crossing the ocean between the Spanish coast and the Americas.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting theme to collect on stamps. I am not a seasoned stamp collector, but I do have some themes that I love to collect, particularly that of FIFA and lighthouses. While I have not been much into collecting other themes, but I think I may be adding the theme of ships on my collection. I have been looking at a Spain Catalogue from an online stamp authority website and I think I might start collecting my ship stamp collections with the 1930 ship stamps from Spain. At least now I have some collecting to look forwards as it has been a while since any of the themes I collect had new releases, except for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, of course, which I am nearly done collecting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Reader,

      Greetings. Thanks for your comments.

      Yes, ships are vast subject and much interesting for those who collect maritime / navy / explorers theme.

      If you can find any extras of ships stamps of your country, I am willing to exchange.

      India issued set of 2 stamps in Miniature sheet in 2012 on Lighthouses. I shall send those to you, if you are interested.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

World Clock